January 4-6, 2017
Leading the Church’s Song
Featuring Allen Hightower, Robert Hobby, and others.
National Conference for Sacred Music is a unique conference designed to provide the practicing church musician with fresh new ideas to help create a vital, growing music ministry. The emphasis of this conference is to provide a wide variety of new approaches to revitalize and reinvigorate the church’s passion for music in worship. Sessions will include the following:
- New worship planning ideas for your congregation and choirs
- Choral technique classes with an emphasis on deepening the spiritual experience for the choir member
- Reading sessions featuring new publications from Augsburg Fortress, Hinshaw, and MorningStar Music
- Sponsored by three different denominational groups: the Association of Lutheran Church Musicians, the Presbyterian Association of Musicians, and the Fellowship of United Methodists in Music and Worship Arts
- Workshops for working with children
- Morning worship creatively crafted by Susan Briehl
Registration Fee: $150
Meal Plan (includes Wednesday dinner, and Thursday and Friday lunches): $35
Hotel Information for NCSM
There are many hotels in the area. A block of rooms has been reserved at The Dunhill Hotel at a rate of $139 (Vintage Queen) or $159 (Deluxe Queen).
The Dunhill Hotel is located 2 blocks from First Presbyterian Church. Please call the hotel directly to reserve your room at 704-332-4141, and reference “National Conference for Sacred Music” to receive the conference rate. Or reserve online here.
The conference rate is available Tuesday, January 3, through Friday, January 6. Be sure to reserve your room by Monday, December 12, 2016, in order to receive the conference rate.